September 30, 2018
While Space Law may not sound super fun on the surface, it is one of those things that will directly impact our ability to explore the cosmos. Who is allowed to own what parts of space? What happens if someone is injured by your space debris? Space Law Advisor to the Secure World Foundation Chris Johnson joins us this week to talk over some of the things that the aerospace industry needs changed and maybe a few things you have never even thought of before!
- Ariane5’s 100th launch
- Kuaizhou 1A rocket
- Differential rotation speeds observed in other stars
- More Vulcan stuff.. but this time it’s a rocket
- Martian moons' origin stories EXPOSED (kinda)
September 23, 2018
This week we have an epic panel to talk about the recent #dearMoon announcement including Tim Dodd the Everyday Astronaut, Emory "VaxHeadroom" Stagmer, Dr. Niamh Shaw and Astronaut Nicole Stott. We focus on the impact of the recent announcement by using a trip around the moon and art to inspire humanity in a totally new way.
We went in to a more technical discussion of BFR in After Dark and have made that available immediately to everyone here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z53XCV12z-A -- If you like content like that consider contributing to the show at https://www.patreon.com/tmro
- Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle - NovaStar-1 and SSTL S1-4
- Long March 3B - Beidou navigation satellites C33 and C34
- HII-B - HTV-7
- Astronomers discover planet like Vulcan!
- JPL Troubleshooting Data Glitch on Curiosity
- Giant net catches Cube Sat
September 18, 2018
Astroscale COO, Chris Blackerby, chats about the money to be made from space junk, and how we can leverage these space resources for the benefit of humanity.
- Falcon 9 | Telstar 18
- Delta II | IceSat-2
- Orion completes final parachute test
- SpaceX, NASA, and JAXA all have Lunar plans
- Opportunity's 45 day clock begins ticking
September 8, 2018
NanoRacks CTO Mike Lewis joins us to talk about all of the different things they are working on, including how they launch stuff from the International Space Station, they are building a docking collar and Lunar Gateway plans!
- Long March 2C | Haiyang-1C
- USGS Gets Serious about Space Mining
- Chinese Launch Startups are growing fast
- Lunar Swirls Point to the Moon's Moody Past
September 5, 2018
Craig Piggott from Halter chats to us about a device that will revolutionize animal farming. This AI-enabled smart-collar shifts livestock and monitors a suite of sensors - saving time, money and stress.
September 1, 2018
Dave Masten of Masten Space Systems joins SpaceMike to talk about his current fleet of vehicle and plans to do more than just flags and footprints on the moon.
There were no launches this week
- OSIRIS-REx and New Horizons' targets are in sight
- Leak at ISS detected
- Our Solar System Is Nothing Special